Working At Bitso
We are a diverse team that takes pride in understanding the perspectives of others. We fully embrace working remotely and we are eager to act, improve and accelerate progress inside and outside of our organization.
To drive revolutionary changes in society and make crypto useful, we delight our customers with world-class products, deep care, and intentional empathy.
As our Android Developer, you will help our customers have crypto at the palm of their hands by building a high-performing and irresistible mobile application.
You will collaborate closely with the Product and Design teams to determine the best ways to implement new mobile features that will bring crypto into the day-to-day life for millions of customers.
Who You Are
Failure to meet any of the following required qualifications could result in an automatic rejection.
- Proven English fluency.
- +3 years of experience in Android development.
- Proven working experience with Kotlin.
- Extensive knowledge of the Android SDK.
- Hands-on experience with architectural design patterns, especially MVVM.
- Clear knowledge of Android libraries.
- Proven experience with test suite.
- Familiarity with Coroutines, Dagger/Hilt, Compose, Flow (StateFlow, SharedFlow), Retrofit, Room, View binding and other common android libraries.
- Knowledge of the crypto industry is desirable.
- Working experience in a hypergrowth company, or in the FinTech industry, is a plus.
What You Will Do
- Write high-performance code designed for large-scale deployment.
- Develop and maintain our Android applications.
- Develop mobile libraries.
- Establish engineering best practices.
- Improve the testability of our products.
- Take the lead in technical decision-making.
- Make progress on multiple tasks.
- Define a robust architecture while partnering with other teams.
- Develop innovative testing environments.
- Review code and provide mindful and actionable feedback.
Who We Are
With over 5 million users, Bitso is the leading cryptocurrency platform in Latin America. We are developing the cryptocurrency ecosystem in the region and enabling financial inclusion. We believe crypto is the future of finance, and we’re committed to making it useful by providing equal access to safe and intuitive financial products.
We are here to make a lasting impact on our customer’s lives and we do so by embracing our core values:
- Be Human: we delight our customers through great products, deep care and true empathy. We are humble and we take pride in understanding the views of others to help us see the full picture.
- Drive Change: we're fearless pioneers committed to unlocking the crypto revolution for humanity. We move fast, take risks and work together to drive lasting impact.
- Choose Bold Honesty: we seek the truth, especially when it’s uncomfortable, in our teams, products and business reality because that will uncover where we need to focus.
- Be An Owner: our sense of urgency makes us have a bias towards action, where we prioritize exceptionally and are wise in allocating our time to ensure we always deliver creative and innovative results.
Compensation & Benefits
At Bitso, you are taking the front seat on the edge of crypto innovation, creating the next generation of crypto-powered products.
So for those willing to commit, adapt and pioneer the most important change of the century we offer:
- Me Time program, including unlimited paid time off.
- Remote-first work environment.
- Employee Stock Option program.
- Zero trading fees through our Bitso app.
- Extended Family Leave policy: all birthing parents, non-birthing parents and adopting parents are eligible for a 4-months leave.
- Premium health, dental and life insurances in Mexico, Brazil and Argentina.
- Mental wellness platform.
- Volunteering days.
- Subsidized caregiving for children, adults or pets.
- Monthly stipend for gym memberships, relaxation activities, sports equipment, cooking classes, books, entertainment and more.
Want to leave an undoubtedly legacy with us? Fasten your seatbelt and join this spaceship, where you will find exponential growth and the opportunity to thrive!
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.
- This role is expected to work remotely.