Working At Bitso
We are a diverse team that takes pride in understanding the perspectives of others. We fully embrace working remotely and we are eager to act, improve and accelerate progress inside and outside of our organization.
To drive revolutionary changes in society and make crypto useful, we delight our customers with world-class products, deep care, and intentional empathy.
As a Product Design Lead, you’ll be responsible for the Product Design team’s growth, development and performance, working closely with Product and Engineering. You'll be responsible for the organizational design, hiring, developing and coordinating design reviews.
VP of Design
Who You Are
Failure to meet any of the following required qualifications could result in an automatic rejection.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Design
- A strong view on what good design means, you are detail oriented and you can clearly articulate to a variety of stakeholders what good should look like.
- You’ll ideally come from a similar industry, working in banking, fintechs or crypto industries.
- Excellent leadership skills with 1-2 years experience as a people manager, structuring complex organizations and a proven track record of hiring and mentoring employees in-person and remotely.
- You must have strong communication, storytelling and presentation skills. Strong ability to convince, influence and inspire different audiences and on all levels, including peers, and executives.
- Evidence of building and shaping high-performing Design teams.
- Ability and personality to successfully work in a high pace, rapidly-changing environment.
- English language proficiency.
What You Will Do
- You will be responsible for fostering the role Design play, while inspiring and leading a team of product designers.
- You’ll work closely with Product and Engineering leaders to define the products, features and experiences that would satisfy our user’s needs.
- You’ll work side to side with your peers in Design Strategy, Research and Content, orchestrating experiences that align to the customer user journey and Bitso’s vision.
- You will be responsible for the overall design quality and output of the products your team works on.
- You’ll be accountable for contributions to the Design System as well a for using it to create relevant and consistent experiences.
- You will be accountable for defining and achieving Bitso’s OKRs.
- You’ll be working and communicating cross-functionally within distributed teams.
Who We Are
With over 5 million users, Bitso is the leading cryptocurrency platform in Latin America. We are developing the cryptocurrency ecosystem in the region and enabling financial inclusion. We believe crypto is the future of finance, and we’re committed to making it useful by providing equal access to safe and intuitive financial products.
We are here to make a lasting impact on our customer’s lives and we do so by embracing our core values:
- Be Human: we delight our customers through great products, deep care and true empathy. We are humble and we take pride in understanding the views of others to help us see the full picture.
- Drive Change: we're fearless pioneers committed to unlocking the crypto revolution for humanity. We move fast, take risks and work together to drive lasting impact.
- Choose Bold Honesty: we seek the truth, especially when it’s uncomfortable, in our teams, products and business reality because that will uncover where we need to focus.
- Be An Owner: our sense of urgency makes us have a bias towards action, where we prioritize exceptionally and are wise in allocating our time to ensure we always deliver creative and innovative results.
Learn more about our culture and values.
Compensation & Benefits
At Bitso, you are taking the front seat on the edge of crypto innovation, creating the next generation of crypto-powered products.
So for those willing to commit, adapt and pioneer the most important change of the century we offer:
- Me Time program, including unlimited paid time off.
- Remote-first work environment.
- Employee Stock Option program.
- Zero trading fees through our Bitso app.
- Extended Family Leave policy: all birthing parents, non-birthing parents and adopting parents are eligible for a 4-months leave.
- Premium health, dental and life insurances in Mexico, Brazil and Argentina.
- Mental wellness platform.
- Volunteering days.
- Subsidized caregiving for children, adults or pets.
- Monthly stipend for gym memberships, relaxation activities, sports equipment, cooking classes, books, entertainment and more.
Want to leave an undoubtedly legacy with us? Fasten your seatbelt and join this spaceship, where you will find exponential growth and the opportunity to thrive!
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.
- This role is expected to work remotely.