Working At Bitso
We are a diverse team that takes pride in understanding the perspectives of others. We fully embrace working remotely and we are eager to act, improve and accelerate progress inside and outside of our organization.
To drive revolutionary changes in society and make crypto useful, we delight our customers with world-class products, deep care, and intentional empathy.
As a Design Researcher you will plan and execute research projects that will help inform product decisions towards our mission of Making Crypto Useful with a deep understanding of our customers needs and behaviors.
You will be working closely with product managers, stakeholders, product designers, content designers, and data scientists mostly during the discovery phases to bring an empathic narrative of our users perspective into the decision making process by conducting primary and secondary research and transforming those insights into new product opportunities and improvement recommendations.
Head of Design Strategy
Who You Are
Failure to meet any of the following required qualifications could result in an automatic rejection.
- +3 years of hands-on research experience with demonstrated skill in collecting and analyzing qualitative data to improve customer experiences.
- Experience managing projects and external providers.
- Exceptional conversational and observational skills to connect and interact with our users and internal stakeholders.
- Experience choosing and applying qualitative research methods best suited to answer different research questions throughout the product design process.
- An exceptional portfolio of research case studies that showcases the research journey, results, and personal learnings.
- The skills to explain your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and ask for feedback to help you deliver your best work.
- Prior experience with agile methodologies.
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Some experience using quantitative data to provide informed user insights.
- Great self-management skills.
- Has experience working on finance products.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
What You Will Do
- Administer qualitative research projects from beginning to end with activities such as defining a sample, recruiting participants, designing an interview guide.
- Work with the product teams and stakeholders to collect insights and translate customer and business problems into research projects that help gain a deeper understanding of our customer’s perspective.
- Understand and choose methodologies to answer relevant research questions for each stage of the product development process.
- Collect and analyze data gathered from primary and secondary research such as user interviews, remote field studies, usability tests, surveys, benchmark studies and online experiments (A/B/n tests).
- Document and deliver timely and actionable insights that inform our product development process for both design decisions and product opportunities.
- Collaborate with product and content designers to ideate design solutions and define criteria that would ensure intuitive, accessible and delightful user experiences.
Who We Are
With over 5 million users, Bitso is the leading cryptocurrency platform in Latin America. We are developing the cryptocurrency ecosystem in the region and enabling financial inclusion. We believe crypto is the future of finance, and we’re committed to making it useful by providing equal access to safe and intuitive financial products.
We are here to make a lasting impact on our customer’s lives and we do so by embracing our core values:
- Be Human: we delight our customers through great products, deep care and true empathy. We are humble and we take pride in understanding the views of others to help us see the full picture.
- Drive Change: we're fearless pioneers committed to unlocking the crypto revolution for humanity. We move fast, take risks and work together to drive lasting impact.
- Choose Bold Honesty: we seek the truth, especially when it’s uncomfortable, in our teams, products and business reality because that will uncover where we need to focus.
- Be An Owner: our sense of urgency makes us have a bias towards action, where we prioritize exceptionally and are wise in allocating our time to ensure we always deliver creative and innovative results.
Learn more about our culture and values.
Compensation & Benefits
At Bitso, you are taking the front seat on the edge of crypto innovation, creating the next generation of crypto-powered products.
So for those willing to commit, adapt and pioneer the most important change of the century we offer:
- Me Time program, including unlimited paid time off.
- Remote-first work environment.
- Employee Stock Option program.
- Zero trading fees through our Bitso app.
- Extended Family Leave policy: all birthing parents, non-birthing parents and adopting parents are eligible for a 4-months leave.
- Premium health, dental and life insurances in Mexico, Brazil and Argentina.
- Mental wellness platform.
- Volunteering days.
- Subsidized caregiving for children, adults or pets.
- Monthly stipend for gym memberships, relaxation activities, sports equipment, cooking classes, books, entertainment and more.
Want to leave an undoubtedly legacy with us? Fasten your seatbelt and join this spaceship, where you will find exponential growth and the opportunity to thrive!
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.
- This role is expected to work remotely.