The Software Engineering Manager is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the people, tools, and processes required to create and maintain products. This role is accountable for the outcomes of the squad and the development of the team members. In addition, working closely with the Product Owner should help identify the functional requirements and make a plan to make them happen.
As a people-oriented position, the Software Engineering Manager needs to take care of the growth and specialization of their reporters, understanding and working hard to keep as high as possible the team's morale.
- Guidance, coaching, and mentorship. That is, managing the development of team members in short, medium and long term
- Determine Squad’s development strategy and planning the squad’s projects
- Assist the team defining the resources they need and find a way to provide it to them
- Communicate constantly with Product owners, architects, and other EM´s.
- Work closely with UX to ensure top quality designs that meet standards.
- Guarantee squad’s health and great performance
Who you are:
- Experience as an SWE.
- Experience in Payments and Product.
- Ability to handle schedules and priorities and communicate appropriately about them.
- Analytical problem solver. Someone who goes beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
- Goal-oriented orchestrator. People who can effectively coordinate and focus the work of skilled employees toward an important goal, prioritizing the right activities that lead to success.
- Curious learner. Technical project leader with an innate curiosity drives him/her to understand all aspects of New Product Development.
- Organizational skills complimented with a detail-oriented mindset and the ability to juggle multiple activities.
- Ability to communicate technically with a variety of engineering disciplines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- English language proficiency.