* This is a remote position – candidates in any Argentina location will be considered *
At DXC we use the power of technology to deliver mission critical IT services that our customers need to modernize operations and drive innovation across their entire IT estate. We provide services across the Enterprise Technology Stack for business process outsourcing, analytics and engineering, applications, security, cloud, IT outsourcing and modern workplace.
Our DXC account teams advise, create, orchestrate, and drive value for customers by bringing the best of DXC to our customers. Customers ask us to help them solve their most critical technology needs and we proactively share relevant ideas, insights, and experience to create a plan for addressing those needs.
About this role
This position will be responsible for debug, improve, troubleshoot software applications Batch/bash scripts developing (for both .bat & sh).
Contributed on software life cycle phases (requirements, analysis, development, testing, deployment and implementation)
What You’ll Do
- Perform application support of multiple application types (ad-hoc & in-house) for US clients.
- Service Management and follow-up of incident resolution, through ITIL.
- Being part of a remote, multidisciplinary, and distributed team.
- Maintenance and documentation of systems and processes.
- Development Management
- Schedule resources to meet Application Development demands. Ensure resources are scheduled to deliver services – normal schedules, off-hours implementation schedules, etc.
- Ensure service requests and projects are assigned, developed and implemented per Service Request / Statement of Work (SOW) specification for respective application portfolilo
- Ensure technical quality of services delivered, including Integration, reporting, etc.
- Ensure operational processes & procedures are followed
- Following the Development Manager or Applications Service Line Leader, serve as the point of escalation
- Serve as Client relationship manager in conjunction with the Development Manager or Applications Service Line Leader and Account Delivery Lead (ADL)
- Ensure resources achieve productivity goals
- Ensure team members possess and develop required skills to deliver services
- Ensure the documentation of applications, processes, and operating procedures
- Guarantee access to documentation for the provision of services
- Ensure Knowledge Transfer (KT) sessions for new team members, application changes or enhancements, etc.
- Provide the information required by other Service Lines or Towers, or ensure access to it
Who you are
Candidates for this role must have:
- 5 years of experience developing in C#.
- knowledge of monitoring tools (SiteScope / Dynatrace).
- Experience on Oracle SQL or Microsoft SQL Server Databases
- Developed using ASP.NET, WEB API, VB.Net
- Developed ETL scripts and SQL queries
- Ability to debug, improve, troubleshoot software applications
- Batch/bash scripts developing (for both .bat & sh)
- General understanding of integrations and integration tools like webMethods or others.
- Contributed on software life cycle phases (requirements, analysis, development, testing, deployment and implementation)
- Ability to document business and technical requirements
- Ability to document systems interfaces, architecture diagrams, and data flows
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, a strong customer service mindset, and solid problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work in a professional team environment with limited direct supervision
- Familiar with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). The SDLC represents the various phases of Application Development ranging from Requirements Gathering to Development to Move-to-Production
- Lead or managed a team of Application Developers, preferably in the .Net, C#, etc. technologies
- Served as Lead Developer on small to medium scale development projects
- Experience with managing a Development project’s schedule and budget
English proficiency, spoken and written (Upper intermediate English level required).
Desirable non-exclusive knowledge
In addition to the basic qualifications noted above, we find that individuals who are successful in this role have:
- Data Analytics
- Created Reports using one or more of the industry reporting tools
- Experience on developing integration components
- Linux, Wintel, Networking, Firewall.
Shift: Monday to Friday - 9AM to 6PM
100% remote position.
DXC offers a great benefits package! DXC Argentina has a new benefit for our employees. As of April 2023, DXC Argentina offers partial payment in US dollars. Our 100% remote work model is valid for the entire Argentine territory, which means you'll have the flexibility to work from anywhere you want. Additionally, we offer reimbursement for teleworking expenses to help you create the perfect work-from-home environment. We know how important a comfortable chair and ergonomic elements are, so we provide an entry bonus for purchasing these. If you speak a second language, we have a surprise! We pay you an additional amount for your language skills. We also have a certification plan per role to help you develop your skills and a program of discounts in educational institutions. Are you studying? Great! We offer 20 days a year for you to take your university exams. Additionally, we have a private medical insurance plan for you and your family group with premium options, as well as a complementary life insurance plan of 24 salaries. Our Wellness Program and Employee Assistance Program (PAE) on legal, emotional, and financial issues ensure that we take care of your physical and emotional well-being. If you like to maintain a healthy lifestyle, our program of healthy conferences, workshops, and discounts is for you. If you enjoy physical activity, we offer you GYMPASS. Do you like to travel? We offer flexible vacations and 3 DXC extra days per year so you can enjoy your days off to the fullest. And if you're just starting, don't miss our soft-landing and DXC rewards. Join our team today!