MuleSoft is looking for exceptional Directors of Engineering to lead our Mule Tooling, and API Manager and Gateway teams in Buenos Aires.
As the Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for building a team of back-end, front-end, and test engineers who will work at the intersection of the latest in bleeding edge technologies.
You will drive this by:
- Working with product managers and engineering leads to create and review stories, schedule sprints, monitor burn down, and deliver software continuously and with high quality
- Removing all obstacles and blockers so that the team can deliver an extraordinary platform to the customers
- Partnering with our talent team to hire great engineers and maintain the highest engineering standards
The Director of Engineering will also collaborate with the Development teams in our San Francisco, Chicago, and Pilar offices to grow ongoing projects.
What you’ll achieve:
- Learn our technologies and our culture: spend time ramping in our BA office and begin to manage and build your team
- Create a charter for the Application Framework team that defines the mission, scope, responsibilities, and execution plan
- Take ownership of the Mule Tooling and API Manager and Gateway teams: accelerate delivery by assessing the team’s capabilities and revise the staffing and execution plan
- Learn the Anypoint Platform and develop a point of view on how your product areas will contribute to the customer’s success
- Learn and understand the architecture of the products and projects you are leading
- Partner with Product Management to ensure that MuleSoft is a recognized leader both in integration tooling and APIs in our business domain, in accordance with our tooling execution and strategies and our API strategies
- Integrate your team into the rest of the product team and the company
- Establish productive working relationships with Engineering and Product leaders across offices
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Leader with an entrepreneurial spirit who’s excited to build high-performance engineering teams
- Experience in building successful teams and hiring talent in the Buenos Aires and Pilar
- Strong communication, partnership, and management skills to lead and partner with Engineering, DevOps and Product teams
- Passionate about developer tools and APIs--and able to explain its key principle to a room full executives is a plus
- Prior success in fast-paced agile environments with mentoring and leading by example
- Deep understanding of cloud technologies and the tradeoffs of developing applications that run on-premise versus in the cloud
- Keen eye for what makes a product great in order to create products that developers love to use
- Active in the open source community or product development is a plus (i.e. you’ve had your own project and/or have a GitHub account that you’d be happy to share with us)
- Unafraid to try new languages and frameworks (e.g. R, Scala, Clojure, Akka) and can advocate for them as needed
- Ability to arbitrate technical discussions and make a challenging call
- Knack for iterating quickly, delivering MVPs, and pushing them out to customers in a continuous fashion
- Hands-on experience architecting and developing large-scale distributed systems a plus
- Understand SLAs and how hard it is to reach five nines, can articulate why agile is a way to go, and know what a CAP theorem is and why it's important
About MuleSoft, a Salesforce company
Our mission is to help organizations change and innovate faster by making it easy to connect the world’s applications, data, and devices. Companies like Spotify, McDonald’s, and Unilever rely on MuleSoft to stay agile, deliver faster, and make the most of their IT investment with API-led connectivity. Hiring exceptional people who want to build a great company together is our number one priority, and we’re committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace where everyone is supported and inspired to do their best work. We work tirelessly to build this culture, and we’re proud to have been named the #1 Top Workplace in the Bay Area and a best place to work 6 years in a row.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.