OLX LatAm is looking to hire a driven and ambitious finance leader to strategically spearhead their finance function and be a business partner as its CFO.
About the Company:
The OLX Group is a network of leading classifieds platforms in 40+ markets, including brands like OLX, Avito, letgo, dubizzle, Storia, Stradia, among others. The OLX Group connects local people to buy, sell or exchange used goods and services by making it fast and easy for anyone to post a listing through their mobile phone or on the web. Hundreds of millions of people in local markets around the world generate more than 1.9 billion monthly visits, 37 billion monthly page views and 54 million listings every month on the OLX Group's online marketplaces globally.
OLX is South America’s largest online classifieds. Since its inception in 2006, OLX has become a household name with an excellent brand visibility and has experienced exponential growth year on year leading to their dominant share of the global markets. With a strategic and holistic approach, talented workforce and ambitious outlook, OLX LatAm is exponentially changing the online Classifieds market place.
Reporting to OLX LatAm VP, with dotted-line reporting to the CFO of OLX Growth Markets business unit.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading the finance function at OLX LatAm and playing an active role in decision making for both long term and short term growth and profitability plans.
- Formulating and implementing strategies to boost the top line and minimize costs.
- Managing cash flows for the region by driving efficiencies in the core business to support investments in new ventures and initiatives.
- Supporting and partnering the OLX LatAm VP and his/her leadership team by analyzing complex financial information/reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations for decision making purposes.
- Managing the entire gamut of finance including Financial Planning and Analysis, Accounts, Treasury, Taxation, Capex, Consolidations, OPEX, AP, AR, Commercial approvals, etc. You will be also responsible for the regional finance reports to the global team and would be required to lead annual budgeting; monthly re-forecasting and ad-hoc based reporting.
- Successfully partnering with the business and streamline the finance process by identifying and eliminating any/potential bottlenecks. This role would require you to successfully supervise yet be hands on in your approach when required.
- Actively involved in various matters pertaining to the sales and commercial teams - pricing approvals, commercial costs & ROIs, negotiations & approval of commercial contracts, sales incentives, headcount planning, etc.
- Supporting the broader OLX Group and OLX Growth Markets business units in implementing broader strategies and delivering on commitments.
- Hiring, leading and developing a team of finance resources.
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- Educational qualification: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Engineering, or Business Administration; an academically rigorous MBA is highly desirable.
- You should be proficient in both English and Spanish languages – both oral and written.
- Strategic mindset and hands-on attitude, with a strong attention to details.
- Proven track record in senior/regional financial-management role at an organization with a growth and agile culture, with an extensive exposure to Financial Planning & Analysis, and commercial activities.
- You should be ideally coming from an e-Commerce/digital economy background or should have worked within e-commerce/digital economy for a substantial part of your overall experience in a leadership position.
- It would be advantageous if you have had exposure to partnering with regional / global stakeholders.
- The successful candidate must pledge to adhere to the following leadership principals:
- Talent first: We reward merit, selflessness and substance
- Dive deep: We operate at all levels and stay connected to the details
- Think big and be bold: Thinking small is a self-fulling prophecy
- Deliver results: We focus on delivering result so we can stay free
- You should possess influential communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills to be successful in this role.
- You should have an entrepreneurial outlook and an ability to lead your team by example. Apart from that, you should have an experience of ensuring deliverables under short deadlines.
- You should have the drive to deliver above and beyond the call of duty and must possess a solution oriented and ambitious attitude.
- You should have a growth mindset, which means having an appetite for risk and a tendency to make things happen, fast.
- Team player with a strong commitment to foster a culture of collaboration, performance, transparency and integrity.
- Open to travel for work, as necessary.
What’s on Offer:
OLX LatAm offers competitive remuneration depending on experience and competencies. More importantly, we also offer a fun and a highly meritocratic environment composed nearly entirely of international stakeholders and an infrastructure which depends on a business partnering Finance function. The successful role holder will develop exponentially in both their Financial but also Commercial space. Successful role holder will also have career options to grow in finance & non-finance roles within the broader OLX Group across 15+ countries, and within the broader Naspers investments portfolio globally.