We are looking for a Quantitative Product Analyst in our great office in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
At OLX Group we have a clear ambition – to empower millions of people across the globe by helping them connect and share their goods and services. This inspiring purpose has helped us build one of the world’s leading Internet companies. This combination of business and purpose attracts a certain type of person. If you’ve got an entrepreneurial drive and think you can use that drive to contribute to our purpose, then we’d love to empower you to be successful. Want to know more?
Why OLX Group?
The OLX Group is a network of leading classifieds platforms in 45 markets, including brands like OLX, Avito, letgo, dubizzle, among others.
The OLX Group connects local people to buy, sell or exchange used goods and services by making it fast and easy for anyone to post a listing through their mobile phone or on the web. Hundreds of millions of people in local markets around the world generate more than 1.9 billion monthly visits, 37 billion monthly page views and 54 million listings every month on the OLX Group's online marketplaces.
Our 4000+ committed employees are making a difference from our 25 offices across the globe.
What responsibilities will you get when working with us?
- Execute full analytical lifecycle of features, from supporting prioritization of the roadmap to measuring performance
- Perform funnel conversion analyses to find key areas of potential performance enhancement
- Perform root cause analysis on key areas of the search & browse experience to explain changes in performance and support product decisions
- Build and run SQL queries to extract both raw and summarised data
- Build and run analytical models (Python/R) to explore user behavior, measure feature performance and find user pain points
- Configure and analyze results of A/B tests
- Coordinate with Frontend developers to define and implement tracking schemes
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- BS / BA in Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Economics or similar
- Solid statistical background - understanding of random variable distributions and their applicability to real-world data
- Experience extracting actionable data from SQL-based databases / data warehouses (Amazon Redshift experience a plus, but not mandatory)
- Experience running exploratory data analyses to identify causes of key trends
- Understanding of advanced analytical tools - Able to build analytical models in Python / R or ability and willingness to learn
- Critical thinker: Will not settle for easy answers and will always challenge results until they are reasonably explained
- Fluent English speaker - our team spans two continents and 8 nationalities (speaking German, Russian or Italian will make it more fun, but is not mandatory)
- Base understanding of software development with experience working closely with software developers
- Strategic thinker - can prioritise work and keep sight of the bigger picture
- Experience supporting a digital product team with quantitative analysis
- Basic understanding of popular Data Science techniques
- Experience with Mixpanel, Google Analytics, etc. a plus
- Experience running A/B tests and analysing conversion funnels for digital products a plus
Inspired and interested in the job? Apply!
Are you ready to live your dream and apply for this role? It only takes a few minutes to apply using our simple application template. Once you’ve it out submit it online and our talent scouts promise to give it serious consideration. We will try to get back to you within the next two weeks but we have to admit, sometimes it takes a bit longer than that. If it does please don’t worry we will respond to your application no matter what.