As a Site Reliability Engineer, you'll be offered a unique opportunity to become a part of an international team of top engineers learning from one another and contributing to the global OLX Group success. Based in Buenos Aires, while working with and impacting all Classifieds websites around the world.
OLX is one of the largest e-commerce sites worldwide. OLX is designed to enable people to connect through buying and selling goods and services quickly, easily and for free. We try to create a richer world by bringing people together for win-win exchanges. Sellers win. Buyers win. Communities win. Earth wins. OLX wins. And most of all, you win. Being part of something special. In an open culture that encourages own initiatives, growth and entrepreneurial spirit. Sharing the same values.
At OLX we have a clear ambition - to create a richer world. We empower people to make the difference and we’re always looking for great people to help us do just that.
The OLX Group is a network of leading classifieds platforms in 40 markets, including the brands OLX, Avito, letgo and dubizzle.
The OLX Group connects local people to buy, sell or exchange used goods and services by making it fast and easy for anyone to post a listing through their mobile phone or on the web. Hundreds of millions of people in local markets around the world generate more than 1.7 billion monthly visits, 35 billion monthly page views and 54 million listings every month on the OLX Group's online marketplaces.
Our 3000+ committed employees are making a difference from our 25 offices across the globe.
What responsibilities will you get when working with us?
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of Services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Whiteboard a fix to a scaling problem -- and then make it happen.
- Maintain Services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Take Operational responsibility for the Services that we own, including taking part in an On-Call rotation, practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
- Advocate sensible, scalable, systems design and share responsibility within the organisation in diagnosing, resolving, and preventing production issues through mechanisms like automation.
- Evolve Services by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Contribute to our Internal Tooling set that help us improve our Operations processes, manage our Infrastructure, and scale our Systems.
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- You have a B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field and 3+ years with Cloud Computing and Distributed Systems experience.
- You believe in owning and running the products and services you build in a team.
- You had your hands dirty with designing, scaling and troubleshooting large-scale cloud based architectures , ideally based on a microservices or event driven pattern
- Agile is more than a buzzword for you. You believe in self organizing teams with cross functional responsibilities working in iterations.
- You are able to code with one or more modern programming languages: Java, Python, Go, Rust, Scala or any other functional or object oriented language with some credibility and feasibility for distributed systems on a cloud ecosystem
- You are able to contribute to the whole chain of a dev team’s value chain: from prototyping to coding, testing, integrating, deploying to and maintaining on production.
- You are all about metrics, optimizing the products you are responsible for and automating everything around its services both on functional and non-functional level. Visualization and dashboards are good friends.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Experience or understanding of infrastructure automation tools such as Puppet, Terraform, Chef or Ansible.
- Experience in off-premise cloud-based infrastructure, in particular, Amazon Web Services
- Strong understanding of the Linux operating system.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
What can you expect from us and what do we offer?
- Contributing to the global OLX Group success
- International career and travel opportunities
- Work with an international team of top engineers learning from one another
- A budget for conference and education
- Competitive salary and great benefits
- Home Office possibilities
- Company Mobile phone for business use
- Any tool you might need MacBook Pro, Notebook, PC
Inspired and interested in the job? Apply!
It’s great that you want to apply for the role! Thank you for taking the time. Below, you will find our standard application form that we would like you to use. Once you hit the submit button, your application will be stored in our talent database. Once we’ve taken a look, we will get back to you. You can expect our feedback within the next one to two weeks. Sometimes it can take a bit longer but you can be assured that we will get back to you no matter what.
Improve the world
If you have any further questions with regards this career opportunity, please feel free to contact us through the contact form