We’re looking for a skilled and passionate Senior Software Engineer to make Properati the best Latam’s real estate platform you’ve ever heard of! You’ll be part of Properati’s engineering team, fully committed to the web site development, improving and creating new features while keeping an eye on its performance and scalability, to enhance our users experience.
We’re a team of 5,000 ambitious, curious people building marketplace platforms that make it super easy for anyone to buy and sell almost anything, boosting local economies.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be a strong technical contributor in the web site development team.
- Build and design new features, considering performance and scalability.
- Share knowledge and suggest new technologies, tools and good practices of development.
- Guide and mentor other software engineers.
- Working in an agile, flexible and fast paced environment.
Who we’re looking for:
- A team player and open communicator willing to continue to learn and share knowledge with others.
- Big picture thinking to go beyond coding and trying to understand the whole software stack.
- +6 years of hands on experience designing, developing and delivering software.
- Strong programming skills in Ruby / Python / Go / Java.
- Experience developing & orchestrating Microservices.
- It’s a plus if you have experience with MySQL, Kubernetes + Docker, Google Cloud Platform, BigQuery.
- Interest in GIS (Geographical Information Systems) would be appreciated.
What we’ll be offering you:
- International career and travel opportunities.
- A budget for conference and education.
- Competitive salary, family health plan OSDE 310 and great benefits.
- High-end computer-gear.
- Free coffee, snacks and drinks!
What you need to know:
- Properati is a web and mobile platform that was created to change the way in which people buy, sell and rent real estate in Latin America. Properati offers home seekers and real estate investors much more than just listings, it provides them with valuable information for better decision-making, including average prices, neighborhood character and comparison charts.
- Properati is part of the OLX Group, a global product and tech company with 17 brands, +40 countries, +5000 people and one mindset.
- Our mission is to make it super easy for people to buy and sell almost anything, boosting local economies.
- We are proud to be different, and we work differently too. We combine the spirit and agility of a start-up with the maturity that comes from being part of a 100 year-old company.
- We are curious, ambitious and allergic to corporate interference. We improvise, experiment and push each other further, embracing uncertainty and driving change.
If you are as excited as us about this position and our company, we hope you join us! If you’d like to learn more about the OLX Group take a look at the other parts of our website. And remember, we are an equal opportunities employer.